Technical and Sales Support for a Company Exporting to China
Hans Technologies, Inc.
Type of COMPANY:
- Exporter of U.S. Environmental Technology and Engineered systems to China.
- Provide Technical and Project Design Support
- Help Build and Grow the Business
- Analyze, Improve, and Broaden the Technologies
- Develop and Write Patent on Technology
- Provide Credibility
- Perform with critical Technical Sales Function
Hans Technologies Inc. (HTI) had spent several years developing contacts and projects in China with few sales. They needed technical credibility and support, so asked Ken Norcross, President of Wastewater Experts, Inc., to join the Board of Directors and serve as Technical Adviser to support Process Designs, Develop Patents, Advise Wastewater Operations, and give presentations at multiple Sales meetings in China to improve the sales success ratio.
Over the next 10 years, with Wastewater Experts’ Ken Norcross on board (and on The Board):
- HTI net value increased over 1000%.
- Eleven Projects were sold throughout China with 25-year Build-Own-Operate contracts.
- Engineering Designs were successfully worked through reluctant Chinese Review Agencies.
- Plant Startups (typically very challenging in China), were all completed successfully, with Performance Warranties satisfied.
- Plant Training and Operation protocols were written and instituted successfully.
- Vendor Warranty failures were negotiated.
- Multiple Patents were awarded.
Doing business in China is vastly different than in the USA, especially in the wastewater market. Assumptions that are safe in North America can lead to a world of trouble in China. Vendor Beware!